Updated: Dec 6, 2019
Commonly referred to as "the old house with the windmill" the original 360 acre farm was built in 1890 by a gentleman named Capt George Morse. He was an early day sea captain and a most prominent man in this part of the country, being a legislator in Washington's first legislative session. The water tower was commonly called the "windmill" although it has never had any blades. It was built to hold and supply water to the farm with its 1000 gallon tank and a 48' well that was powered by a gasoline powered motor. James A Neil purchased the farm in the early 1900's and added the Neil Barn in 1912. The homestead was often called "The George Morse Mansion" which consisted of high ceilings, 10 spacious rooms, including a large room with a fireplace, a utility room, a pantry and a huge bathroom. Although most of the buildings on the farm have been torn down, the old water tower still stands today.